Friday, February 11, 2011

Obedience to God

By: Spencer Chang, former YG member (Class of 2004)
I am one of the few people who have had the pleasure of both serving with Ben and having him as a youth group leader. As Ben prepares to leave for St. Louis, I want to reflect on what I remember thinking about when he made the decision to do ministry full time.
One thing that sticks out in my mind was Ben’s decision to enter full time ministry. This is a vivid example to me (and certainly my first) of Godly obedience and faith, a characteristic and discipline that I often question in my own walk with Christ. While faith and obedience to God in your life might not lead to big decisions like Ben’s, the ability to listen, decide, and be obedient to God comes from a repeated history of obedience. Read these verses on obedience and reflect on your obedience to God.
Read: I Sam. 15:22, Deut. 11:13, I Pet. 1:2

Write down, three areas where your obedience is evident, and pray thanking God.


Write 3 areas where you are not obedient, and pray for discipline and help in trusting and following him.

No comments:

Post a Comment