Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Job Song

One of my favorite verses from the Bible comes from Job. It is Job 26:14. Before we get to that passage I think it is important to know who Job is and what he was going through. For those that don't know about the story of Job, he was a man that was faithful and loved God. Then Satan started attacking him to prove to God that Job only praised Him because of all the good things going on in Job's life. So God gave Satan permission to take away everything from Job, his family, his land, his livelihood, and etc....

Yet Job continued to look to God and asked Him for strength. Through his whole journey he still wanted God to be part of his life. We sing a popular praise song called Job Song and it goes like this:

Been Broken put through a fire. Felt the heat melt all my strength away
Felt so lonely, felt so abandoned. “Where is God?” I heard my little voice say

I need You, I need You. Oh Lord, please hold me next to You
I need You, I need You. Oh Lord, don’t let me fall from You

Lord, I know this world isn’t easy, And I know that You never promised no pain
Trials will come and trials will test me
But help me, Lord – it’s hard to see them as gain

I forgot that You’re right beside me
Let me know that You’re with me through the length
Though I’m weak, this is my prayer –
Through my weakness, Lord, please be my strength

Job through all things in his life good and bad wanted to see more of God. Then he also realized that all of this was still just a small glimpse of God's amazing beauty. So read Job 26:14

14 And these are but the outer fringe of his works;
how faint the whisper we hear of him!
Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"

Take some time to reflect on our amazing God. The thunder of his power in which we can't comprehend. We only hear faint whispers of Him but that isn't an indication that the ways God works are small and insignificant. God works in amazing ways but even in those huge ways, they are still just a small glimpse of His glory and amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment