Thursday, June 3, 2010

EASTER PARTY

So this year, I was baptized on Easter! This event meant a lot to me because it gave me a chance to physically show the change within me spiritually that I had experienced the past three years. Three years ago, the day before Easter, I made the decision to accept Christ into my life. This decision not only changed my lifestyle but it changed who I am. I changed from the girl finding this life purposeless and a waste because we all die and leave nothing but a gravestone behind to a girl who has found a purpose for everything that she does. In high school, this is not always the easiest path to take. There were many things that my close friends would do from drinking to something like casually dating that with this new identity; I must abstain from making me sometimes unintentionally excluded and un-relatable. I would feel a heavier responsibility and weight on my actions. However, I think of my favorite Bible verse and remember that we are to live as lights in this world, set apart from everyone else.

As Romans 12:1-2 states: “So then, my friends, because of God’s great mercy to us I appeal to you: Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer. Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this old, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment