Saturday, January 2, 2010

Core value CMA Part 6 - Holy Spirit

Without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we can accomplish nothing.

Read and Reread 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

1 When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

I remember Francis Chan speaking at LIFE 2007 and repeating a phrase that still continues to ring in my head. The phrase was "NO WAY!" His testimony on how God took his life, transformed him and now is using shocks people from his past as it makes everyone who knew him in his past life say, "NO WAY" we thought you would become a pastor. He says he loves that because then it demonstrates that it is all about the Holy Spirit. Francis Chan continues to speak and be influential in the lives of Christians around the world and this again is only by the God's power. He will be the first to tell you that he wasn't a picture of a perfect Christian growing up, so much so that people from his past are blown away with what God has done in his life. God challenges us. Do we trust in the Holy Spirit? Do we invited Him in? Do we truly believe the Holy Spirit is filling us and is around us and is guiding/comforting/instructing/counseling us?

I ask you to pray for God to reveal the Holy Spirit to you. We neglect the Holy Spirit so much in our lives and the ways we live. It is now our chance to embrace the Holy Spirit, learn more about Him and pray more for Him. Let's do this together!

Prayer
Saturday: Pray for the local community
As winter continues, pray for travel safety for those living in your community

No comments:

Post a Comment