Friday, January 29, 2010

Accountability

Taken from Extreme Teen Bible

“Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” - James 5:16

Real accountability keeps your growing and keeps you honest. Meeting regularly with some friends who love you and who love Jesus will strengthen you as a Christian. As you confess your sins to each other, pray together, and grow closer as friends, you'll begin to pull for one another.

Accountability can help you conquer areas you've been struggling with. People who have real accountability in their lives seem to grow faster than people who don't. They work as a team and as a family to become more like Jesus. The Lord is pleased with relationships like that.

I know that for me, meeting with Jeff and Steve for accountability is an awesome thing. We catch up on the more serious things in life and pray together. Every time we get together, I feel refreshed spiritually because we're together for Jesus. We encourage each other and push each other towards Christ because honestly, we're human and we're not perfect. It's uplifting for me because I know that when I face a huge wall of problems, I'm not alone. I got my bros.

“As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” - Proverbs 27:17

As a Christian, you don't have to walk the path alone. You have the body of Christ with you. We're here to care for you and help you grow. So if you don't have accountability or discipleship... Talk to Ben, Jon, Jenn, or Cheryl.

Friday: Pray for the Church (Big C)
Pray for Christian based organizations (ex. Feed my starving children) and their role in helping bridge the Big C Church

No comments:

Post a Comment