Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 3 - Paul Called by God

Spend time reading and rereading and noting keywords in Galatians 1:11-24

11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
13For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.
18Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days. 19I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord's brother. 20I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie. 21Later I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23They only heard the report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." 24And they praised God because of me.

Questions:
What are some many things you draw from Paul’s writing to try to convince them about the gospel he believes in?

Things to reflect on:
Christ transforms lives. He changed a man that formerly killed people because of their faith and now preaches to people about Christ. Our lives don’t have to be these crazy conversions to be used by God. What we do need to know is that God can change EVERYONE. His love and grace effects and transforms the normal suburban kid to the people with really crazy pasts. I met a youth that was afflicted with cancer. He saw it as a hardship and curse. I shared with Him that it must be hard but it could be such a gift from God. He looked at me strange. I told him that those that don’t have cancer can’t understand and relate and love those that have cancer. He understands them and has the ability to be transformed by God’s love and be such a light for others. His story can also be such a testimony for all believers in what God does in our lives. He never shared his story every before, but that night I asked him to share for small group. He did and I could see God do a special work in him and all of us listening.

Spend some time in prayer
Wednesday: Pray for friends (inside and outside church)
Pray for the friends that you brought to coffeehouse. That you will follow up with them and that God would ready their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment