Thursday, April 29, 2010

Send Me, I’ll Go!

Emily is an awesome engineer. She graduated with honors from Purdue and works as at IBM currently. Everyday she gets to work with state-of-the-art equipment and helps develop cutting-edge technology that can lead America to a brighter future. She is also warm, friendly, and has a smile on her face 95% of the time, the other 5% being when she sleeps. Because of this, she was sent to India to be an instructor there for a 2- year term. Emily did not have the heart to leave a job that she loved and a place that she was accustomed to in order to be relocated to a whole different country; a whole different world. She was scared and apprehensive, and did not wish to go. However, orders were orders, so she truly believed that going to India was what God wanted for her, so she mustered all the enthusiasm and energy she could and booked it to India. There, she was welcomed warmly and with reverence, and found the environment to be very agreeable. Unfortunately, she had a run-in with some exotic diseases and had a very difficult time adjusting to the culture and the weather. Emotionally, it was a good experience; physically, it was miserable. She came back 2 years later and was rewarded for her efforts through a promotion and a hefty raise. Want to know the most amazing thing from this entire experience? Even while she was reluctant, she still maintained her thousand-watt smile and her warmth, and tried wholeheartedly to make the best out of her experience.

Read 2 Corinthians 8:16 – 24

Imagine that you are Titus. You are being sent from your comfort zone to a new church, with new people and new atmospheres. To make things worse, the church you are being sent to has an issue with conflicts and divisions within the community. Furthermore, there is a lot of pressure on you because the Church is “taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men.” If you were to be sent off, what would you do? I know that if I were Titus or Emily, I would try to get out of it, because I don't like being sent off to places unknown. But truly, it is almost a gift if you’re path is decided for you sometimes because you have a direction and that is where God may want you to be. Would you feel comfortable in a different church than WCAC? I wouldn't feel too great about it. Fortunately, however, I have visited a few different YG’s around the Chicagoland area. I’ve went to Hanmee Church in Schaumburg, and Calvary in Naperville, along with Faith Alliance. It’s been great experiences and it has taught me that my home is not just within WCAC, but in God’s kingdom, which is all the churches in the world! This passage reminds me of that one Lecrae rap: “Send me, I’ll go! Send me, I’ll go! Send me, I’ll go! Lemme go! Lemme go!” LOL!


Devotional Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I praise you for the doors that you will eventually open for me. I hope that you may take care of me and keep my heart open so that I may go to where you want me to go, and do what you want me to do. God, I wish that I may have the enthusiasm of Titus and Emily, and that even outside my comfort zone I will proclaim you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment